Apple Walnut Muffins
- Three-fourths cup unbleached flour
- One-fourth teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Three-fourths cup whole-wheat flour
- One-half cup unprocessed bran
- Two and one-half teaspoons baking powder
- One-half cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Two-thirds cup concentrated apple juice
- 1 large apple or 2 small ones, cored and chopped
These muffins can also be baked in a 9x13 inch pan and cut into bars. The best apples to use are Fuji or Gala. These apples are usually smaller, so you may want to use two.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, nutmeg, whole-wheat flour, bran, baking powder, and cinnamon in a food processor or blender and process until blended. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Combine the eggs, apple juice, apple and walnuts in a bowl.
Add to dry mixture and mix until well moistened. Fill a nonstick 12-muffin tin that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray or lined with paper baking cups. Bake 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved