Black Forest Chocolate Cake
- 1 (16-ounce) can dark pitted cherries, drained
- One-half cup cr╦me de cassis
- Two and one-half cups reduced fat biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup Dutch cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- One and one-half cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- Three-fourths cup egg substitute
Soak the cherries in créme de cassis for at least one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients and stir with a balloon whip. Mix the buttermilk and egg substitute into the dry ingredients, then fold in the cherries and crème de cassis. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray. Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
Makes 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved