Couchon De Cane
- 4 to 6 pound pork loin, bone-in roast
- Four and one-half tablespoons LeBlanc's Cane Seasoning
- Four and one-half tablespoons LeBlanc's Pepper Cane Jelly
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- One-fourth cup white wine
- One-half cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Ask the butcher to remove the blade bone from the roast. Rub about two and one-half tablespoons of the cane seasoning on the outside of the roast. Make an incision on each end of the roast and rub in the remaining seasoning, plus 2 tablespoons of pepper cane jelly.
Place the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic in pot large enough to accommodate the roast. Add the roast, mushrooms and one-fourth cup water. Bake uncovered for 15 to 17 minutes. Add the salt to the remaining water and pour into the bottom of the pot. Pour the wine slowly on top of roast. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and spread the remaining pepper cane jelly over the roast. Increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees, and bake uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes to create a glaze.
Slice into three-fourths-inch steaks and serve with rice and top with the pan gravy. Use pepper jelly as a condiment to spread on the slices of pork if desired.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved