Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa
- 4 (9-in.) bamboo skewers
- 16 large shrimp (about 1 lb), peeled and deveined, leaving tail shell intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp each chopped fresh rosemary and grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp coarse-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each hot-red-pepper flakes and salt
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1 (1-lb) ripe mango, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/4-in.-dice
- 1/4 cup each diced red bell pepper and finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp each chopped cilantro and lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour. Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer,threading each shrimp through the tail end and then again through the head end; arrange on a large plate. In small bowl, whisk oil, rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, black pepper, pepper flakes and salt until combined; rub over shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes, in refrigerator, turning once.
For the Mango Salsa: In medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Let stand at room temperature while shrimp are marinating.
Prepare an outdoor grill or preheat stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill shrimp 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes per side until just cooked through (shrimp will be just barely opaque in thickest part when cut with a knife). Place a lemon wedge on end of each skewer. Serve with salsa.
Makes 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved