Panko Crusted Chicken & Penne with Wild Mushroom Ragu
- 1/2 cup dried porcinis
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, rough chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced thin and chopped
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente
Place porcinis in a small bowl. Pour boiling water over porcinis and let soak for 5 minutes. Place flour in shallow dish. Place panko in a separate shallow dish. Beat eggs and place in another shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour and shake off excess. Dredge chicken in eggs and shake off excess. Dredge chicken in panko and press so panko adheres. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add canola oil and heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and pan fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
In another saute pan, add olive oil and heats. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Add peppers, tomatoes, garlic and shiitake mushrooms. Drain porcinis and add and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook for 1 minute. Add pasta to the pan and toss for 2 minutes.
Pour vegetable mixture into a large pasta bowl. Top with chicken breasts and serve.
Yield: 2 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved