Kicked Up Stuffed Morels
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 12 to 16 large morels, cleaned
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
In a mixing bowl combine crabmeat, mayonnaise, heavy cream, chopped chives, egg yolk, parmesan, and breadcrumbs and stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper and stuff each morel with the crabmeat filling.
Heat an oven-proof skillet or saute pan and melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Transfer stuffed morels to the skillet and quickly saute, turning on all sides to ensure even browning. Add remaining butter and garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until heated through and morels are golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately, with some of the garlic butter drizzled over the top.
Yield: 4 appetizer portions
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved