- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 1/2 ounces drained sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 1/2 ounces herbed goat cheese, softened
- 6 ounces Creole Cream Cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to season salad greens
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning salad greens
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- BASIL PESTO:
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of a food processor, puree the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes on high speed. Slowly add the oil through the feed tube as the machine is running and process until smooth. Add the goat cheese and Creole Cream Cheese and process until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
Using a pastry brush, grease six 6-ounce ramekins with the melted butter and sprinkle the inside of each with the breadcrumbs to lightly coat. Divide the cheese batter among the ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through and risen. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl toss the greens with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide the greens among 6 serving plates, and invert one cheese cake onto each, shaking gently to release. Drizzle each cake with basil pesto, and garnish with remaining sun-dried tomato puree, if desired. Serve immediately.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, cheese, pinenuts, garlic, salt and pepper. Puree on high speed. Slowly add the oil through the feed tube and process until a smooth paste forms. Pour into a bowl until ready to use.
Yield: a generous 1/2 cup