Warm Hearts of Palm and Crabmeat Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered wasabi
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- Two 14-ounce cans hearts of palm, drained and dried on paper towels
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl whisk together the rice wine vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, wasabi and crushed red pepper. Add the avocado and crabmeat and stir gently to combine.
Sift the flour into a small shallow bowl. Roll the hearts of palm in the flour and lightly coat. Heat the oil in a small skillet and when hot but not smoking, sauté hearts of palm until crispy and golden brown, turning occasionally with tongs to ensure even browning, about 6 minutes. Remove the hearts of palm from the skillet and cut on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. Divide the slices between 6 salad plates and decoratively arrange. Top each arrangement of hearts of palm with a portion of the crabmeat and avocado salad, spooning some of the vinaigrette over the slices of heart of palm and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved