Baked Sea Trout with Green Market Potatoes and Vegetables with Green Garlic Lovage Sauce
- FOR THE FISH:
- 2 fresh sea trout, filleted with the skin on
- Olive oil
- Emerilís Creole Seasoning:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- FOR THE POTATOES AND VEGETABLES:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds first of the season red potatoes, boiled until fork tender
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, cleaned and blanched
- 2 large bundles asparagus, blanched
- FOR THE LOVAGE AND GREEN GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lovage, chopped
- 1/4 cup green garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Season the trout with olive oil and Creole seasoning. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
For the potatoes and vegetables:
Heat a large sauté pan. Add 3 tablespoons of the butter and the new potatoes. Sauté in the butter for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In another sauté pan, sauté the snap peas in 2 tablespoons of butter for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In another sauté pan, sauté the asparagus in the remaining tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Turn all of the vegetables out onto a large platter and keep warm.
For the sauce:
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the lovage, green garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Place the fish on top of the vegetables and potatoes. Pour the sauce over the fish. Garnish with Creole seasoning.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Emeril’s Creole Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved