Emeril's Stacked Salad
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed chopped assorted fresh mild herbs, such as basil, chives, Dill, tarragon, and parsley
- 4 cups baby arugula lettuce, cleaned and patted dry
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 1/2 bunch pencil asparagus, blanched until tender in salted water and sliced in half
- 1 large Beef Steak Tomato, sliced into 1/4-inch slices and season with salt and pepper on both sides
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Make the vinaigrette:
Combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard together. Whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the herbs.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the arugula with 1/4 of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, toss the crabmeat with the 1/2 of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Toss the asparagus with the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, in the center of each serving plate, start stacking the salad with the asparagus, slice of tomato, crabmeat, and arugula. Continue building until all of the ingredients are used.
Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved