Artichokes Stuffed with Ricotta and Salami
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium whole artichokes, cooked until tender and cooled
- 1/2 pound fresh Ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 pound salami, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Grease a shallow baking dish with butter. Slice the artichokes in half, lengthwise (including the stem). Remove the choke. Place the artichoke halves, heart side up, in the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, pecorino, salami and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity of each artichoke with the cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and bread crumbs. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the cheese mixture, pressing the crumbs firmly into the cheese. Drizzle the artichokes with the melted butter. Place in the oven on the top rack and bake until golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve hot. Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved