Native Greens Salad with Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons and Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound (about 7 cups) native greens and herbs, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 small spring onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries or red raspberries
- 1/4 cup white raspberries
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Oka cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices French bread, about 1/4-inch thick
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, seeds, onions and berries.
Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast until golden on 1 side, about 6 minutes.Turn the slices and place the cheese on the soft sides. Return to the oven and toast until the cheese is melted and just bubbling, about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Toss the salad with the dressing and divide among 4 salad plates. Place 2 cheese croutons on each plate and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved