Fennel and Celery Root Remoulade with Baby Shrimp
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or other whole-grain, spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- One celery root, about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds, peeled and cut into thin matchstick slices
- One fennel root, about 3/4 pound, trimmed and tough outer core removed, cut into thin slices, and fronds reserved
- 1 pound boiled baby shrimp
In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, salt and paprika.
In a bowl, combine the celery root and fennel root, and add sauce to coat.
Place the shrimp in a separate bowl and toss with the remaining remoulade.
Divide the celery root and fennel among 6 plates. Top each serving with shrimp and serve, garnished with reserved fennel fronds.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved