Spaghetti All'amatriciana: Spaghetti Amatrice Style
- 5 ounces raw pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti, cooked until tender
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- 4 ounces freshly grated pecorino
In large sautÈ pan, over medium heat, cook pancetta until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
Add olive oil to sautÈ pan and heat over medium heat. Add onions to sautÈ pan. Season with salt and pepper. SautÈ until wilted, about 4 minutes.
Add the wine and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and reserved pancetta back to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the tomato sauce, basil, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved