Tomato Soup Cake
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- One-half teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs or 4 ounces egg substitute
- Three-fourths cup sugar
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup
- One-half cup chopped walnuts
The basic tomato soup cake has been passed down three generations. This time I took a couple of liberties to make it a bit healthier. If you like spice cake, you will love this.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and tomato soup. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Pour into a Bundt pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved