Basic Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes with basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (2-ounce) can sliced black olives
- One-half teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
You can make a multitude of dishes using this as a base. Freeze it in containers to pull out when needed.
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft. Add the Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer for 3 hours.
Makes 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved