Warm Frisee Corn Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, scraped from 1 to 2 cobs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head frisČe (or 1 pound fresh spinach), core removed and leaves pulled apart
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup water
Heat the oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the corn, onions, salt, and pepper and sauté, shaking the skillet occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add the frisée, bell peppers, and water and cook to wilt the frisée, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
Yield: 3 cups, about 4 salad servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved