Tequila Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up at room temperature
Combine the tequila, lime juice, onions, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a skillet over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated. Serve immediately, or prepare without the butter and refrigerate overnight in an airtight container. Reheat in a saucepan over a low flame. When the sauce is at a simmer, whisk in the butter and continue from there.
Yield: about 3/4 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved