- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup clarified butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) finely minced tasso or spiced ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a stainless bowl set over a pot of simmering water on medium heat, whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice---taking the bowl off the pot from time to time to temper the heat and keep the yolks from scrambling, but whisking constantly---until a ribbon forms when you lift the whisk.
Vigorously whisk in the butter a few drops at a time, alternating with a few drops of the water, until all is thoroughly incorporated. Whisk in the tasso, garlic, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire, and salt. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 1/3 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved