- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon <3885>Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 4 cups <3813>Basic Chicken Stock or
- <3828>Brown Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
Combine the oil and bacon in a large pot over high heat and sautČ for 2 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, and lentils and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the rosemary and Creole Seasoning and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
Stir in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the lentils are just tender, for about 30 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper. Remove the pot from the heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved