- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 4 fresh jalapeŇo peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in a saucepan over high hear. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, remove from the heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
When the mixture is cool, pour it into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 16 times. Pour the sauce through a funnel into a clean wine or other bottle and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Allow to sit for 7 days before using. Keeps up to 2 months at room temperature.
Yield: about 5 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved