Pecan Crab Relish
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 cup roasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss gently to keep from breaking up the crabmeat lumps. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.
Yield: 2 cups
Note: Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the pecans or other nuts on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until golden and fragrant, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they don’t burn. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved