Ginger Orange Sauce
- 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups <3815>Veal Stock or
- <3813>Basic Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Measure out enough orange sections to make 1/2 cup. Squeeze the juice from the remainder of the orange into the 1/2 cup of sections.
In a small saucepan, combine the orange sections and juice with the ginger. Stir in the stock, cilantro, sesame seeds, sesame oil, sugar, and salt, and bring to a boil.
Cook, whisking to break up the orange, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
Yield: 1 1/3 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved