Feel Good Rice Pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a bowl beat the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the cream, milk, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and beat until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
Combine the rice with the raisins and add them to the custard mixture. Blend thoroughly and pour into a 5-cup casserole. Bake until the pudding is set, for about 40 minutes. Don’t overbake or the pudding will be dry
Serve warm or at temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding into stem goblets and top with sweetened whipped cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved