Linguica Crusted Redfish with Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup cured black olives (such as kalamata), pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces linguiÁa sausage, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- Eight 6-ounce redfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Original Essence
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, about 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 25 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 400?F.
Cook the linguiÁa in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and mix to bind the sausage.
Season the fish fillets with the Essence. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet or two smaller ones over high heat. Add the fish and sear until slightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Carefully drain off any excess oil. Put an equal portion of the linguiÁa mixture on each fillet. Bake for 5 minutes.
To serve, arrange the fillets on eight serving plates. Spoon the olive-tomato sauce over each and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Yield: 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved