Pina Colada Burning Bananas
- One-half cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- One-half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-half teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise, then across
- One-fourth cup banana liqueur
- One-fourth cup coconut-flavored rum
- 6 large coconut macaroons
- Vanilla ice cream
In a large skillet, combine the brown sugar, lime juice, butter, cinnamon and allspice, cooking until thick and bubbly, stirring often. Add the bananas and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the liqueur and rum, flaming carefully if desired. Let the fire burn out.
Place 1 macaroon on each of 6 dessert plates; top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Spoon the hot bananas and sauce over the ice cream and macaroons.
Makes 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved