Pickled Corn Relish
- One and one-fourth pound fresh corn kernels, scraped from the cob
- Three-fourths pound sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- One-fourth teaspoon ground turmeric
- One-half teaspoon celery seeds
- One-fourth teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Combine the sugar, vinegar, turmeric, celery seed, mustard and garlic in a
large pan, and bring to the boil. Add the corn and bring back to the boil.
Continue boiling for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Transfer the corn to a waterproof, sealable container. Add the cooking liquid (enough to cover). Seal and refrigerate for up to a week.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved