- One and one-half ounces vodka (you can substitute citrus, berry or use plain!)
- One-half ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- One-half ounce Grand Marnier or orange liqueur
- 6 frozen watermelon cubes * cut from a fresh watermelon (about 1/2 inch square each)
- One-half shaker of crushed ice
Place all the ingredients in a shaker and shake until very well chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
*To make frozen watermelon cubes, using a small melon ball scoop, remove flesh from watermelon. Place balls in an empty cube tray or on a foil-lined plate and cover with plastic wrap to seal in flavor and avoid watermelon absorbing food odors. Place in freezer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Use as needed.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved