Tasso Maque Choux
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) diced tasso or Cajun spiced ham
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn, scraped from the cob (about 2 ears)
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 turn freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tasso and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the corn and cook, shaking and flipping the skillet several times, for about 1 minute.
Add the onions and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream, red peppers, and green onions and simmer until heated through, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Yield: about 2 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved