Boiled Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 1 pound dry egg and spinach fusilli
- 3 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 sundried tomatoes marinated in olive oil, coarsely chopped
- 8 to 10 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 pounds medium-size shrimp, boiled, peeled and deveined
- Balsamic vinegar
- One-fourth pound chevre (goat cheese), cut into one-fourth-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
This is an easy recipe that keeps well and is great for picnics, as a main summer meal or side dish. See you on the docks, or rather under a tree, upwind from the docks!
Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente, rinse in cold water, and drain. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and toss with olive oil. Mix the garlic and basil with the pasta. Then fold in the tomatoes, olives, pine nuts, and shrimp. Sprinkle the salad with the balsamic vinegar to taste (about 1 to 2 tablespoons). Add the cheese and toss lightly. Garnish with chives and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved