Emeril's Poke Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds or regular sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons crushed macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh or reconstituted dried seaweed, coarsely chopped
- 2 red jalapeŇo peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Maui or other sweet onions like Vidalia or Walla Walla
- 2 pounds sashimi-grade ahi fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head radicchio (9 to 10 ounces), washed and julienned
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the sesame oil with the next six ingredients and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper.
In another mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seaweed, jalapenos, and onions. Add the ahi and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the salad dressing with the ahi mixture. Toss the radicchio with the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil.
To serve, arrange the radicchio in the center of a serving platter. Mound the salad in the center and garnish with the chives.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved