- 2 pounds new or small red potatoes, scrubbed
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil (available in specialty food stores)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
If you have one, use a mandoline to slice the potatoes paper-thin. Soak the slices in cool water for 30 minutes and drain. Pat dry completely with paper towels.
In a large, heavy, deep pot or electric fryer, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 360ºF. Deep-fry the potatoes until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and toss with the truffle oil and cheese. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved