Accompaniments to Cheese Fondue
- 1/2 pound new or small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- One 12-inch-long loaf French bread, cut into bite-size cubes
- Wooden skewers or fondue forks
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and onion with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put the vegetables on the prepared baking sheets. Roast the vegetables until golden brown and very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Toss the bread cubes with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Arrange the roasted vegetables and bread on a platter and serve with the fondue, dunking them in the cheese with a skewer or fondue fork.
Yield: about 4 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved