Weber Grilled Tenderloin with Red Chili Rice and Smoked Red Pepper Aioli
- FOR THE TENDERLOIN:
- One 12-ounce beef tenderloin
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- FOR THE RED CHILI RICE:
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- One-half cup minced onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups long grain rice
- Four and one-half cups water
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- One and One-half teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon roasted, ground cumin seed
- One-third cup chili powder
- FOR THE SMOKED RED PEPPERS AIOLI:
- 2 smoked red bell peppers
- 4 medium jalapenos
- One-third teaspoon pure chili powder
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons pureed roasted garlic
To prepare the tenderloin:
Preheat grill on medium-high. Season the tenderloin with salt and fresh pepper. Place on the grill for 6 minutes, then rotate to the other side for 6 minutes for medium rare.
To prepare the Red Chili Rice:
In a large pan or skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in the butter over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until soft. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until water just evaporates. Beat with a wooden spoon to fluff up. Rice can be kept warm and held for up to 2 hours.
To prepare the Smoked Red Pepper Aioli:
Place the smoked red bell peppers in a blender with the chili powder and puree until smooth. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and pureed roasted garlic together. Sir in the smoked red bell pepper mixture.
To serve, thinly slice the tenderloin. Place a spoon full of rice on a plate, top with the tenderloin and drizzle with the smoked red pepper aioli. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved