Party Sandwich Chicken Salad
- 8 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 rib celery with leaves plus One and one-half cups minced celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion, halved
- One-eighth teaspoon black pepper
- One-eighth plus one-fourth teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 cups homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, grated (optional)
Poach the chicken in the broth with the rib of celery, the carrot, onion, black pepper, and one-eighth teaspoon cayenne pepper until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Salt to taste; cool in the broth; debone and chop fine.
Mix the chicken with 1 cup mayonnaise. Add the lemon juice, one-fourth teaspoon of the cayenne, the chopped celery and salt to taste. Fold in the eggs and add additional mayonnaise if you wish. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Yield: enough spread for approximately 15 to 20 sandwiches, quartered
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved