Duo Bbq Ribs
- One 3-pound slab country-style pork ribs
- One 3 1/2-pound slab pork spareribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup or other cane syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Put the ribs in a very large soup pot or kettle. Add the salt and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and let boil for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain.
Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a medium-size mixing bowl, blending well. Put the ribs in a large, deep braising pan or plastic container and pour the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours, turning the ribs in the marinade about every 4 hours.
Prepare the pit or grill. You should have a glowing red fire with light ash, and the temperature of the pit or grill should be between 225° and 275°F.
Put the ribs on the pit away from the fire. Cook, basting with the marinade and turning the ribs every 15 minutes, for about 2 hours. You may have to feed the fire every 30 minutes or so.
Remove the ribs from the pit and let cool for several minutes before slicing to serve.
Yield: about 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved