Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375?F.
Combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring until a syrup forms, for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Toss the peaches with the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Spread the peach mixture in a 3-quart rectangular casserole dish. Spoon the blueberry mixture evenly over the peaches.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the egg in a bowl and beat. Add the baking powder, flour, vanilla, and milk. Beat well with a wire whisk until the mixture is smooth and resembles a cake batter. Pour this mixture evenly over the blueberries.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved