Marinated Cherry Peppers Stuffed with Homemade Goat Cheese Served with a Prosciutto and Arugula Salad
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, chives, etc.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 marinated cherry peppers (canned variety works best), drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 pound homemade goat cheese
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 8 cups washed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto
Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside.
With a sharp paring knife, remove stem and core of peppers and dry them well with paper towels.
In a small bowl, mix goat cheese with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully fill each pepper with goat cheese and place in a shallow non-reactive casserole dish or bowl. Cover with marinade and refrigerate overnight before serving. (For an interesting twist, dip in beer batter and fry…)
When ready to serve, remove cherry peppers from marinade and set aside. Using a spatula, transfer marinade to a large bowl, add arugula and sliced onions and toss well to combine. Divide salad between 8 salad plates, top with a piece of prosciutto and garnish with stuffed peppers.
Yield: 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved