Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 unpeeled Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 package (7 ounces) Konriko Wild Pecan Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped, crispy-fried, and drained
- 1 cup chopped boiled ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne. SautÈ for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the pecans and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the apple and the rice and stir for 1 minute. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Add the bacon, ham, green onions, and parsley and stir to mix well.
Let sit for about 3 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved