Baked Cheese Grits
- 2 cups yellow grits, not quick or instant grits
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 ounces cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Prepare the grits according to package directions. Add the butter, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cheese. Mix until the butter and cheese melt. Beat together the eggs and milk in a small
Bowl. Add to the grits and mix well.
Pour into a square (8 X 2 inch) baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, or until the mixture sets.
Yield: 8 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved