Lemon, Butter, and Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, peeled, and seeded tomatoes, or 1/4 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, cut into 1/2-inch chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
In a saucepan, combine the onions, lemon juice, tomatoes, salt, cayenne, garlic, and wine over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 12 minutes.
Add the cream and simmer for about 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stirring constantly, add half of the butter, a little at a time. Remove from the heat and, stirring constantly, add the remaining butter. Add the parsley. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved