Chicken Confit Sandwich
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced new potatoes
- Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Aioli:
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken or duck confit
- 2 whole roasted roma tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 cup wilted spinach seasoned with garlic, shallots, salt and pepper
- 1 grilled red onion ring
- 3 slices of Terrabone or any other hard cheese, 2 by 1/4-inch
- 2 slices braided bread, recipe above
- Potato Chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preheat the fryer or begin to heat oil in a deep saute pan until a deep fat fry thermometer inserted registers 375 degrees F. Carefully place potatoes into the hot oil and cook, turning until golden brown.
Meanwhile make the aioli. In a bowl mash together egg yolks and roasted garlic and then stir in the crushed black pepper. Now slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the potatoes to a plate and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. While potatoes are still hot season with salt, pepper and Essence.
Spread the aioli evenly over the bread. Starting with the confit, layer each of the following recipe ingredients on one side of the bread and top with the other slice. Garnish with the potato chips and chopped parsley.
Yield: 1 serving
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved