Vegetable Paupette with Grilled Vegetable Vinaigrette
- 2 whole new potatoes, halved and quartered, blanched
- 2 1-inch slices of a beefsteak tomato, grilled
- 1 large slice red onion ring, grilled
- 1 yellow pepper, roasted, seeded, and julienned
- 1/2 endive spear, grilled
- 1 medium portabello mushroom, grilled and cut into fourths
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup assorted grilled vegetables, brunoise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (11 by 14 inch) piece of parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 grilled green onions, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
For the paupette: Toss all the vegetables with the basil, black olives, olive oil and salt and pepper. Layer the mixture in the center on one half side of the parchment. Add the 1 tablespoon of water for steaming purposes. Fold the other half of parchment over the vegetables resembling a book. With the crease side toward you start crimping and folding towards your body. The finish product will resemble a calzone. Make sure that the parchment is nice and tight, so that none of the liquid will escape. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
For vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, slowly whisk the balsamic vinegar into the olive oil. Add the brunoise of vegetables and season with salt and pepper.Remove the paupette from the oven and place on a plate. Make a cut through the top center, exposing the roasted vegetables. Spoon the vinaigrette over the vegetables and garnish with 2 grilled green onions.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved