Vegetable Quesadilla with Parsnip Puree, Caramelized Onion Marmalade, Cilantro Sour Cream
- Onion Marmalade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For the quesadilla:
- 1/2 cup parsnip puree
- 1 cup assorted julienne grilled vegetables (red onions, peppers, yellow squash, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Grated Maytag White Cheddar Cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons grated Maytag White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro sour cream
For Onion Marmalade:
In a saute pan, over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and saute until caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, and rice wine vinegar. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For Vegetable Quesadilla:
Spread 3 tablespoons parsnip puree on one tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover the puree with 1/4 cup of the vegetables. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons White Cheddar Cheese. Top with one tortilla. In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When smoking hot, carefully lay the quesadilla in the oil. Fry on one side until golden brown and flip over and finish cooking, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and continue frying until all the quesadillas are fried. Additional oil may be need for frying.
To assemble cut the quesadillas into fourths. Arrange on a plate with the onion marmalade and cilantro sour cream. Garnish with grated Maytag White Cheddar and chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved