Caramelized Onion and Fois Gras Bread Pudding
- 12 ounces small diced fois gras
- 2 cups julienned yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups day old bread cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounce slice of fois gras (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 8 ounce duck breast (seasoned with Essence)
- 1/2 cup duck reduction, hot
- Long chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease six 8-ounce ramekins. In a smoking hot saute pan, sear the diced fois gras for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the fois gras and place on a paper-lined plate. Place the saute pan back on the stove and saute the onions until they are caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in shallots and garlic. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together. Fold in the fois gras, onions and bread cubes. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup into each ramekin. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are set.
In a hot saute pan, sear the fois gras for 1 minute and remove. Slice the duck breast on the bias and fan into a circle in the center of the plate. Invert the ramekin onto the duck breast. Top the pudding with the piece of seared fois gras. Spoon the sauce around the duck. Garnish with long chives, chopped chives and black pepper.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved