Tequila Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature (1 stick)
Combine the tequila, lime juice, shallots, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a sautJ pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce by half. Stir in the cream and simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated. Serve immediately.
Remove the rellenos from the oven. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce on each plate and place the rellenos directly on top. Garnish with the tortilla strips and the cilantro sprigs. Sprinkle Essence on the rim.
Yield: 1 cup
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved