Angel Hair Pasta with Smoky Mushrooms and Tasso
- 1 pound assorted sliced mushrooms (such as Cremini, Chanterelles, Shiitake and Button)
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- Creole spice
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 ounces diced Tasso
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoons chopped scallions plus extra, for garnish
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, and green onion for garnish
Preheat grill until very hot; toss in a handful of soaked hickory chips. When grill begins to smoke, in a large bowl toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon Creole spice or to taste; transfer to a wire grilling basket. Place basket on grill and stir mushrooms with a long pair of tongs for smoky flavor to penetrate evenly. Pour mushrooms onto a baking sheet to cool.
In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta until just tender; drain and keep warm. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a saute pan, add Tasso and saute, shaking pan frequently, 2 minutes. Add shallots, green onions and smoked mushrooms, and cook, tossing 2 minutes. Add garlic and cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to reduce slightly. Reheat pasta if necessary and divide between 2 warmed plates. To finish sauce, stir in butter, adjust seasonings with Creole spice and spoon over pasta. Garnish with green onions and Parmesan.
Yield: 2 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved