Pecan Pancakes with Boar Sausage Patties and Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- Up to 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 boar sausage patties (any kind will do)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans for garnish
Mix the pecans, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
In another bowl whisk eggs with 2 cups of buttermilk and vanilla, and add to dry ingredients. Add more buttermilk if needed to make a smooth batter. Be careful not to overmix.
On a hot griddle melt butter and use approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Turn pancake when bubbles appear on top. Serve with sausage patties and maple syrup. Garnish with powdered sugar and pecans.
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved