Wok Fried Tuna Salad with Lemon Aioli
- 10-ounce top-quality tuna steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- Juice and chopped zest of 5 lemons
- 2 tablespoons coarse-cracked black peppercorns
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup homemade or prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound assorted greens, (such as spinach, frisee, arugula) cleaned and dried
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 homemade or prepared French bread croutons
In a nonreactive bowl toss tuna with juice and zest of 3 of the lemons, cracked peppercorns; season with salt and white pepper.
Make lemon aioli: in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with garlic and juice and zest of remaining 2 lemons; season to taste with salt and pepper. If necessary, thin with 1 to 2 tablespoons water, to consistency of thick cream or yogurt.
When ready to serve, arrange lettuces in a bed on serving platter. Heat a wok over high heat until nearly smoking. Add oil and swirl around wok. Drain tuna and add to wok tossing constantly until well-seared on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes in all. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tuna to serving platter and set on top of greens. Drizzle with aioli and garnish with parsley. Tuck croutons around edges of plate and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Copyright 2001 - 2014 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved