- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped plus 1 tablespoon toasted chopped pecans, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup homemade or canned cooked pumpkin
- 2 sheets homemade or prepared pasta (about 9 by 13-inches each)
- 2 eggs, beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, for serving
In a small skillet sweat 1/2 cup pecans and shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until shallot is tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool. In a small bowl, combine pecan mixture with pumpkin. On a lightly floured surface, spread out 1 pasta sheet. Mound 1 tablespoon pumpkin mixture at 1-inch intervals and top with second pasta sheet; press between mounds of filling to seal, squeezing out air. Use a ravioli wheel to cut into ravioli.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in ravioli and cook until they float to the surface and are tender, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on their freshness. In a large skillet melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Drain ravioli in a colander, transfer to skillet and toss in butter to coat. Add remaining toasted pecans and parsley. Serve in a warm plate, sprinkled with Parmesan.
Yield: 2 servings
Copyright 2001 - 2013 Emerils.com All Rights Reserved